“…more than acting… Lifebook is a community that will inspire growth in your life & your art.” – Leilani Marie Smith
Includes Orientation, Intermediate, Advanced
If any (not all, but any) of the following relates to you,
this class would be a great choice:
- People looking to better express themselves in their lives
- People interested in getting to know who they really are (self discovery)
- People interested in acting or “the industry”
- People that have never acted before
- Musicians looking to improve stage presence and communication skill
- Actors that haven’t acted in years
- Actors who feel “rusty” and would like to get in shape
- Actors that would like to act professionally
- Professional Actors looking to book more consistently
- Professional Actors looking for their first Series Regular or Feature Lead
- Professional Actors looking for their break out role
- Former Series Regulars looking for their next Series or major career break
- Current Series Regulars looking to work on their character or other roles
- Writers who would like to write on a higher level and improve their skills with actors
- Writers looking to test and revise content with actors
- Professional Writers looking to move to the next level and up their content skill
- Professional Writers looking to work on improving current professional content
- Directors who are at the beginning stage in their directing career
- Professional Directors looking to improve content and skill with actors
- Professional Directors looking to advance directing skill to the next level
- Producers who would like to improve at producing and are interested in acting
- Professional Producers who would like to advance their career
- Professional Producers who are interested in acting and improving production skills
- Rehearse at least 3 hours per minute of scene time.
Have a 5 minute scene? You’ll need at least 15 hours of rehearsal to fully realize this work.
5 rehearsal days working 3 hours per day should do it.
Keep in mind your scene doesn’t need to go up the next class unless you are really ready. Rehearse it well, then put it up.
All Levels class is for adult students age 18 and up.
In this class we work on:
(Everything in Orientation is also reviewed here and there is much more)
Self discovery, being truthful in the moment, Bold choices, Challenge yourself
Career coaching, Audition coaching
All tools a professional actor needs
*Short Films Production and Screening,
*Getting into SAG,
*Getting an Agent / Manager,
and much more!
Advanced students will either be assigned this level or go through the “move up” process.
- Perform in Advanced Class Only Exercises in Class
- Book any exercise without approval
- Direct scenes in class and get a director’s critique
- Run improvisational exercises and “Improv-Slams”
- Listing “Advanced Class at Lifebook” on acting resume
- The added confidence that comes with successfully moving up
- Representing the advanced class inside and outside of class
- And other opportunities!
Advanced students are leaders in our community,
consistently winning in their work in class and outside of class,
understand the value of giving and helping,
are strong in the pursuit of their professional acting career,
and are very inspiring to our community.
To begin move up process:
Write and hand in a move up letter.
Print it out or write it out and hand it in (email not accepted), personally, to the instructor, during class time.
What makes you a good candidate for the Advanced Class?
What have you learned so far at Lifebook?
What do you still wish to learn or accomplish, inside or outside of class, before moving up?
What do you hope to accomplish as an advanced student?
Effort counts! Hand this in and await further instructions from Allen.
Congratulations will be soon in coming!
(Some move up paths take longer than others, just dig in and let’s go!)
*Call 323-244-4620 to complete your registration after purchasing online. Tell us the class you’d like to be in and your seat will be held. Once the minimum number is registered you’ll be notified and your new session will begin. If you’d like to register for a time not listed, new sessions can be added, but we suggest choosing a back up in case your new preference takes a while to fill.”
Have you ever had an interest in acting? Do you love movies, plays, and/or Estelle Getty?
If so, this class is for you!
Students will not be responsible for rehearsing or preparing outside of class (although rehearsed work will be optional).
Students can come in, have fun, improve, and go back to their regular week (unlike the other classes where the students need to prepare outside of class).
Many improvisational games will be taught and played on stage.
Students will learn acting technique and will be given a foundation for truthful artistic expression.
Students will work on both dramatic and comedic acting.
This class is geared for people (18 years old and older) that would like to explore acting for fun, self discovery, self confidence, but not necessarily to be a professional actor.
Classes currently running and registering. Phone registration will be necessary – Call Allen at 818-415-9568 to register.
Class price is $245 for 1 month or $635 for 3 months (save $100). Class size will be limited so register asap. You can bring a check or cash to the class, or pay w/ Venmo (service charge applies, click on the “Pay Tuition” tab above for details).
Class will be fun! Looking forward to seeing you there!